Tuesday, November 06, 2007

A String of Bad Advertising: What not to do.

Recently at work we have been receiving a plethora of bad marketing from a variety of vendors. Marketing that makes my skin crawl.
When I was a kid I remember sending a letter to my best friend who had just moved away. In my letter I sent a picture of myself, a feather from my collection and a band-aid. Yes, that is correct a band-aid. I told her in the letter it was for when she fell over from shock of actually receiving a letter from me. Apparently even at my young age I knew I was destined to be a procrastinator.

Yesterday in the mail we received a marketing letter advertising "a better way to build your business" rather than cold calls because they are "just band-aid(s)", insert an actual nasty band-aid stuck to the letter. Sick.

I would again like to point out that is something I did when I was 7 not to advertise my business. Why would someone think "hmm I am going to go buy a bunch of band-aids to put in my marketing letter. Better yet I will stick them to the letter and then I will for sure get business."
It was the weirdest thing I had ever seen. Thanks but no thanks Mr. Nastybandaidman.
Exibit A



And then today we received a "try this and tell us what you think" letter. To my HORROR it was two large bags of gum. I wanted to run for my life as my boss set them on my desk asking me "What's this? What do you think they want? Here you can have this." Thanks Jaydubsies, I am going to go puke now. (ugh I can still smell them, watermelon and spearmint GAH!) My worst nightmare.




And Erica's reaction after trying said nightmare:


No comments: