Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Coffee

Last year a guy from my office brought unroasted coffee back from Ethiopia for another girl in my office and myself. The coffee sat there for months until finally I volunteered to figure out how to roast it.
I had my friend Carrie over who is the queen of all things cooking and new. You could see her blog on our first roasting experience however apparently I can't find the actual post. Regardless it would basically just show you we learned the hard way that it is much easier to roast the coffee beans over the stove. After finally getting the hang of it I decided that fresh roasted coffee is loads better than Starbucks that has been stored in the fridge for a week. I tastes richer and is way more bold.
Well I ran out of beans to roast about the same time that I decided to go on a coffee fast for a couple weeks. Now it has been a couple months and though I have started drinking coffee again I had not made the trip to the local Ethiopian Market to get the famous Harar Coffee beans.
Yesterday was the day though. I dragged Tina along and we finally found the Market and the beans.
Tomorrow I plan to enjoy them, freshly roasted and full of flavor. I am going to bed now so that I can wake up and smell the coffee...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummmm, I want to roast some too again. Got any to spare???