Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The One with the Prom Dress

When I was a senior in High school my house consisted of my parents, Jenni, my oldest sister, her two sons and our two dogs. Life, you could say was a bit crazy.
I remember coming home from school or work to get ready for Senior Prom. The house was empty for once and when I walked into the kitchen I saw the beginning of what would turn out to be a rather surreal chain of events that could only have happened to DJ from Full House.
I noted when I first got home the dogs were rather quiet, so it was no surprise to find that they had got into something. It was a surprise however, to see that they had actually ripped apart the kitchen trash so well that it was strewn all over the kitchen.
I of course was mad and set about trying to round the two dogs up to put them in their crates for time out. Shelby the smaller of the two and the "family dog" (where as Hali Bop was actually my dog) ran for it. I chased her and to my horror she ran straight into my room jumped up onto my bed and squatted right on my prom dress. Yes, you read it right, she peed on my prom dress.
My screams of anger were probably heard by most of my neighbors and most certainly by the pool guy who had chosen that moment to show up to clean the pool. I marched Shelby to her crate and called Mom to see when she would be home to help me with the disaster.
Enter Andrew and Joshy- the two and three year old nephews who's main purpose in life at that point was to be adorable and cause as much trouble as they possibly could.
I had cleaned my dress up and luckly the material it was made of dried pretty quickly after dunking it in water to furiously wash it. Now Mom was working on my hair and my nephews were "playing" in the living room. We were always on the look out for their sound cues that they were getting into trouble and sure enough we hear silence followed by high pitched giggling.
Walking into the living room we see that Andrew and Joshy had pulled down a 5 gallon bucket of white paint my Dad had been painting the house with and rolled in it. It didn't stop there, after rolling in it they decided to run back and forth on the dark green couch leaving footprints and handprints everywhere. Tiffany (their mom) blew a gasket and they were immeadiatly put in the tub while she scrubbed them from head to foot the whole time lecturing them as loud as she could about how that was a no-no.
Enter Russ- the friend and prom date.
Russ was to come straight from work and so we decided that it would be okay for him to take a shower and get dressed at our house. I cannot imagine what he thought when he came into the house to the sound of Tiffany screaming at the boys my mom muttering curses under her breath as she was cleaning up the mess (which on a side note turned out to not only be paint but also they had somehow got a permanent marker and wrote all over the week old pergo flooring. We could have been a commercial for that floor- It all came out!), the dogs barking in their crates and me, in my prom dress, hair half done, and running around trying to figure out how I can help with out causing damage to the outfit.
Oh the chaos of prom night. The rest of the night turned out to be pretty dull compared to how it started.

-okay I realise this didn't get up until the 22 but I totally wrote it on the 21 hense the date and time stamp. In my fury to get the Turkey and whatnot ready I forgot to press post. Sorry...

No comments: