Thursday, November 01, 2007

Don't forget the gas doors

After buying my new car I went for days enjoying everything about it. When I say "everything" I actually mean "everything except the loud honking every time I unlock or lock my car and the extreme sensitivity of the alarm". And then I went to get gas.
Apparently my car is supposed to come with go-go-Gadget arms in order to open the gas door. So there I was looking like an idiot girl who can't even pump her own gas, why do they even let people like me drive? That's when I noticed that no, my gas door should probably not be curved like that and yes, someone did at one point try to pry it off. Back to the dealership.
Of course they had to order the part, so there goes countless hours trying to call them to see if it has come in yet. One month later I now can go to the gas station without a buddy AND I can actually sleep at night without worrying that my oversensitive alarm is going off every time a truck passes it. (confession- I was actually parking my car a couple blocks away so I couldn't hear it. ugh, I am a jerk)
So what have I learned from all of this? Always check that the gas door works when purchasing a car.

No comments: