Sunday, November 19, 2006

Thanksgiving Groceries


I went and bought Groceries on Friday for Thanksgiving at Erin and Andy's (side note, I Love those two!)
What is it with people in grocery stores around holidays? Such anger. I was standing between two lines checking out which would be shorter and noticed this lady behind me. I appologised, even though I was only there for like two seconds, for real, not even exagerating. The Lady then had the NERVE to say in some not so nice tones, "WELL, I AM WAITING TO SEE WHERE YOU GO!" Woah Lady, calm down. Cut in front of me for all I care. I wouldn't want you to bite my head off or anything. Sheesh! Its Thanksgiving people. And as Faith would say (in laughter, because she thinks she's really clever, she is) "A time to be Thankful and give".

Joe: "Happy Thanksgiving." (brief moment of silence) "It's your turn to say 'Happy Thanksgiving' back."
Rose: "Happy Thanksgiving... back."
from You've Got Mail... again (BTW I am not obsessed with the movie, kinda, it's just a good one to quote from)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

This might apply to that lady for Christmas if she doesn't get a happy pill before then...
"The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!" (Will Ferrel, Elf)
I watched that movie this weekend. It is one of the few that can make me laugh out loud for several minutes even when I'm all by myself.