Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Smashed by elevators

A few things from my Thailand trip so far:
  1. Elevators hate me here and repeatedly smash me when stepping on or off of them
  2. Gracie, Jenni's dog is adorable
  3. I love shopping
  4. Italian food in Thailand is not Italian food
  5. The Puhcome (SP?) hotel sucks, and their toilets don't flush
  6. A milk shake is actually a smoothie with fruit and ice just as a strawberry daquari is actually A LOT of alcohol and a teaspoon or so of strawberry mix.
  7. Elephants are really cute
  8. My hair is never in anything but a ponytail...

see you all when I get back!!!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Tamara, I'm so glad you wrote something about your holiday - I've been checking everyday. Some things to help you feel better:
1. Thai Elevators hate everyone, and therefore smash everyone. It's not personal.
4. You need to eat at Babylon Restaurant, the best Italian in the universe. Have the Lasagne Pasticiate (or simply Lasagne Gow) (pronounced like cow).
5. Phucome Hotel does suck. Sorry you got fooled into thinking it was livable, and so sad your trip is tainted with a sucky hotel...
6. I love Thai fruit smoothies. Don't knock 'em. ;-P

Okay, now I am totally homesick. That comment about the Elephants just sent me over the edge!! Even the humidity which drives your hair wild, my hair loves, and I so want lovely, humidified hair!!!
Have fun!

Tamara said...

Yeah We moved to the amari hotel now...way better...