Wednesday, April 25, 2007

NPR's Analogies for the Soul

While catching up on KPBS podcasts I came across this little gem of an analogy in the podcast entitled A Grim Near Future: How Climate Change Could Affect San Diego (as a side note, think Dwight from The Office, sort of a monotone serious voice, while reading the following):


“But let’s look at 90%, that means that nine times out of ten the things that we are foreseeing and talking about here are apt to happen.

So let me put you up against a wall, I’ll put ten guys in front of you with rifles, nine of the rifles are loaded with a bullet and one is empty.

You don’t know which one of course. You pick out the guy you want to shoot you. You feel comfortable with that situation?

No.

Nine times out of ten you’re gonna be dead.”

-Tim Barnet

Good to know. With those kind of odds, you... could be dead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're listening to KPBS podcasts!! I weep with joy!

Jennifer said...

You...could be dead.

I can actually hear your voice saying that in my head. I miss you!