Thursday, March 01, 2007

I got Worms- That's what we're gonna call it...

"We're gonna specialize in selling worm farms. You know, like ant farms."
(Lloyd- Dumb and Dumber)

When I was a kid I remember one of my Elementary School teachers read "How to Eat Fried Worms" to the class. I loved that book and like many books from my childhood I think about it probably more than the normal person... or maybe not? I tend to get books stuck in my head. Anyway a few months ago I saw that they had made a movie out of this particular book and I, of course, was excited...and then I saw the movie.
Seriously? I think they tried too hard. They had the main point but completely missed the rest of the story. What is with Hollywood trying to change things that don't need changed?!
My final review you ask? Cute kids in the movie but not as good as the book... or at least what I can remember.

No comments: