Monday, March 26, 2007

The Famous PD Weekend...

I was reluctant to write a blog about my Palm Desert Trip a couple weekends ago, number one because I was sick the whole weekend and still felt too fuzzy to make any sense by the time I got home, and number two everyone that went wrote these incredible accounts of the trip that are impossible to top. Not that I need to top them…they just wrote them so well!

But alas, Katie gave me the death look yesterday for not updating my blog and so I must write something even if it is out of fear for my life.

So without further ado:

I went on excursion to Palm Desert with Katie and four other awesome and talented women for a weekend of photo fun and otherwise havoc reeking on the citizens of Palm Dessert.

Here are a few of my memorable highlights:

  • Arriving in PD with Katie and meeting Susan and Leah for drinks, or a drink that was actually named after Susan.
  • Being a snotty, eye-watering, coughing, sneezing mess all weekend.
  • Going to TWO art museums, which I LOVE doing but never make the time for.
  • Convincing Aaryn and Katie to do a “running from the camera” shot of us jumping through a thousands of dollars art piece, and not getting in trouble even though we were on camera the whole time and did it more than once...
  • Miles of Collagen filled lips and BMW’s
  • Getting to know Aaryn and her amazing Photo SKILLZ, love for her adorable daughter, sense of adventure and last but not least, her equipment (photo equipment that is….see here)
  • Getting to know Jessica and her incredible ability to look good in all hats and ALL pictures (even ones that she looks eerily similar to manikins), her zest for life, and her sweet, sweet demeanor.
  • Getting to know Leah and all her artsy craftiness that inspires me to actually do something crafty sooner rather than later and her strong Character that has carried her through life. AND being on the receiving end of not one but TWO of her one of a kind, amazingshecancrochetethatfast hats. Yes, be jealous. Her Photo's here.
  • Getting to know Susan, her hospitality, bravery for taking us girls out on the town and willing to show her face in that town again, her mad cooking skills and her genuine friendship to us all.
  • Getting a reminder as to why Katie is a remarkable friend and amazingly talented woman from her photography to her witty writing and everything in between.

Thanks again Susan for such a wonderful weekend. Sorry it took so long for me to actually write this out girls!

For those of you who weren’t there or are ever so slightly computer challenged you can click on the highlighted lettering to be linked to various things through out this post. (i.e. pictures and blogs)

5 comments:

Katester said...

This was an amazing post - it's funny how we all compare ourselves to each other, when in the end, we're all talented in our own right. You're a great writer and I want to use this as my own. :)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for y'all to come back again! That weekend was so much fun. Just imagine what it will be like when I move into the Marrakesh and have a few thousand more square feet for us to play in. We'll be rollicking on the golf course at midnight and disturbing the neighbors, wahooo!

leahpeah said...

(but it was kinda fun being squishy, m.)
tam, you are one of my new favorite people. and you have great hair. and small pores.

Tamara said...

I am begining to think you all either need glasses or need your perscription changed because seriously, my pores are far from small. It's a figment of your large imaginations.....I will take the compliment on the hair though. Only because it is actually a compliment to my friend Erin who does a fantastic dye job for me.
Thanks for all the nice commenting gals.
And Loved the weekend, squishiness and all!

aaryn b. said...

fantastic post, little girl. i loved reading your take on it. so very cool. i can't wait to get together again. we should do it soon. i need a few good work stories...