Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Re: Reasons to Watch MacGyver - The Whole Story

Alright! Alright!
Some people want the whole story instead of the abbreviated one. And so Here it is :

We (Lyndsie, Hilary, Ryan, Tina and myself) went to Ensenada, Mexico this last weekend to relax at Hilary's Dad's house on the beach.
On Sunday we decided after having a full day seeing the sights the day before, we would relax at the house and do some boogie boarding and sunbathing (or in Hilary's case have a group of 3 twelve year olds stare at her while asleep sunbathing...). Now mind you we were also planning to leave on Sunday but didn't want to rush ourselves.
So all the girls decide it is time to brave the waves and see what kind of damage we can do with the boogie boards. Pretty soon Ryan comes out too with his camera to catch some of the action (that sounds dirty, it wasn't, but in reality I really suspect Ryan was hoping to catch one of us being wiped out by a wave. I think we did okay though...) At this point Hilary decides to get out to watch our stuff and give Ryan a chance to board some too, but instead after she has a long winded conversation she returns to the water and tells us Ryan closed the door behind him when he left the house and realized someone locked the bottom lock. Snap.
But it seems that one of the neighbors should have a key so Hilary heads back out with Ryan to find said neighbor.
After a while longer boogie boarding Lyndsie, Tina and I think it is taking them forever and decide to head in also. We find Hilary and Ryan peering through windows as though looking for a way in. No neighbor, no key. Apparently someone moved. THAT SUCKS.
So there we are soaked to the bone in our bathing suits and in a foreign country with no way into the house that holds our clothes, and I am assuming car keys. Hilary and Ryan are hunched over staring at the lock willing it to open through telekinesis or something of the sort. I walk over and state the obvious "So the neighbor doesn't have the key? Hmmm. Well I have two bobby pins in my hair, I've seen MacGyver do this tons of times." Ryan gives the "yeah right" look and Hilary says we can try it. Ryan then proceeds to roll his eyes and walk away with his head in his hands.
So I take the bobby pins out of my hair and start to bend the pins like I have seen Mac do with paperclips to break into some inevitably top secret institution where they are using toxic waste to age animals at a rapid pace. "Okay, so MacGyver always bends them like this and then he sticks the straight one here and the bent one here and turns..." Click.
SHA-BAM!
The door opens and Tamara saves the day. Ryan stares in disbelief, and the girls cheer for my pure geniusness.

The lesson of the day? :
You can learn from MacGyver!

And Ryan- Yes I can hit a baseball and throw a football and yes, apparently I can open doors with bobby pins. You can close your mouth now. ( in the event that you think I am angry when writing these last lines, please know that I am laughing at myself! and in no way making fun of you, only myself...Do you still love me? Am I your worst enemy?)

4 comments:

Katester said...

SHA-BAM is correct my friend. SHA-BAM. Do you want to hang out tonight instead of tomorrow?

Hilary said...

Word.

Shawn Passwaters said...

u rock my socks young lady. sha-bam indeed.

Jennifer said...

You are truly my hero and I miss you more that I could ever actually tell you. I love you to the bottom of the biggest iceberg in the Arctic and back. (I just finished reading Deception Point by Dan Brown which is why the Arctic is on my mind...)