Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Elvin Language

I while back a Shawn told me that I come from a “happy little elf family” and it made me think…(that’s me thinking)… I certainly believe I have a pretty “happy” family for all the things we have gone through this year, which brings me to the reference that we are elves.

  1. Most of my family is vertically challenged. And by “most of my family” I mean Jenni and I.
  2. I like to say elfin phrases like “Someone has crammed 11 cookies in to the VCR” or “You did it! Congratulations! World's best cup of coffee! Great job, everybody! It's great to be here.” And of course referring to things as “GINORMOUS” instead of “gigantic” or “huge”.
  3. It's just nice to meet another human that shares my affinity for elf culture.
  4. I sing things instead of saying them on a daily basis because “The best way to spread Christmas Cheer is singing loud for all to hear.”
  5. When I give directions I like to tell it like a story, for example, directions from the north pole to New York are as follows:
    ”pass through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops, and then (walk) through the Lincoln Tunnel.”

So mayhap we are a “happy little elf family”, but I like it that way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SO THAT'S WHAT IT IS!