Monday, September 24, 2007

Delightfully Innocent

I went car shopping and took Wendy along. One of the best ideas I have had all year. She was the pillar of strength all women need when going car shopping. From her "are you kidding me?" looks to "you are not buying this piece of junk, it smells like someone was either smoking in it or embalming bodies." she was the perfect combination of bluntness and reason.
But my favorite quote from this whole experience? Wendy's response to a pushy salesman who wanted me to raise my monthly price by giving something up:
Wendy (insert "are you kidding me?" look) "Listen buddy, we don't smoke, we don't drink, and we are virgins. What else do you want us to give up?"
salesman "Starbucks?"
Wendy "Nope. We don't do that either."

And after a full day of car shopping she even created TWO to do lists for me to complete on Monday. Which without those lists I would still have no car. As it turns out though I do have a pretty awesome car now:





Thanks Wendy for all your help! You are amazing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on the cool wheels! I'm going to show some restraint & not make any comments about the virgin thing. I'm seriously tempted tho.

Shawn Passwaters said...

that's a very "you" car. i could see you getting out of this vehicle. The picture probably helps me with that visual.

Unknown said...

After I said that, the salesman said, "Then why aren't you married?" In unison, Tamara and I responded,
"Because we don't smoke, we don't drink and we are virgins." That was the best part for me! Make 'em laugh!