Saturday, April 18, 2009

I never claimed I was a Geometer

I flew to Oregon to see Ryan who took me to see wilderness that is actually green. Yes folks/fellow San Diegans, hiking destinations that are green.
Yesterday we hiked 15 miles and I saw so many waterfalls that I actually started getting picky with which ones I was impressed with (oh, thousands or millions of pounds of water pressure pounding into a pool from 200 feet? If you like that sort of thing I guess it is cool. Nature and all, whatever.)
The hiking and views were of course AMAZING and everything was so HUGE. I managed to forget my slight fear of heights for the day and walk a foot away from 100+ foot drops and cross bridges (even standing on the hand rails of one!) that looked over huge ravines with water flowing below.
Besides the excellent hiking there has been side splitting laughter and the inability (unability) to actually articulate anything I am saying. i.e. Geographer is equal to Geometer and Portland is next to the ocean (it is not FYI). Also they use metal forks here apparently, to which I showed my utter amazement. In actuality I thought Ryan had a metal spork and exclaimed "Is that a metal FORK?!?" only to have Chris and Ryan look at me as if I had lost my mind.
Anyway click here for pictures from the hiking! And a couple below too....

Jumping!

Eagle Creek Hike with Ryan 042

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

No standing on hand rails of high bridges allowed! I'm pulling out my older sister card on this one!! :) Glad that you are having fun! The pics are beautiful!

KatieQ said...

Your pictures are spectacular. I have never been to Oregon and I think I am really missing out. I can't believe the beauty. I have never seen anything so beautiful. Thanks for sharing!