Friday, March 27, 2009

Excited, An understatment

This month I, Tamara Leeper, get the distinct pleasure of flying to Portland to:
  1. See Ryan and Chris who ditched the San Diego friends to be cool and live in Oregon like everyone else eventually does. I can't even poke fun at them cause they are not even posers as proved by their incredible photograpy.
  2. Hike in the Oregon wilderness with the promise of waterfalls. Something that has been on my list of things to do for years because Oregon = green and reminds me of Nor Cal unlike the desert of So Cal.
  3. See Karyn, who sadly I have not seen in like AT LEAST 5 years and that is stretching it. I love Karyn :)
So thank you William Shatner for your incredible negotiator skills.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeehaw! I'm not sure who is more excited, me or you?

Tamara said...

Me! Me! Me!

Anonymous said...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/victorvonsalza/sets/72157604122983471/

The above link is an set of fotos that someone took. They are all from one trail! Take special notice of "tunnel falls".

If you'd like to do this trail, we should do it on Friday. I think you would love it. Are you afraid of heights? I hope not. :)

It's a 12 mile trail with not too much elevation change. If you have hiking shoes, that would be great, as much of the trail is exposed rock.

Basically, I think we need to do this trail, I haven't been on it since last summer!

Tamara said...

Okay, Well I know you are going to kick my out of shape butt no matter where you take me so lets do it! Just as long as you realize I may be incredibly slow! LOL
I can't find my hiking boots but I may get some new ones and try to break them in before the trip. I have a couple weeks...hmmmmm

Allen said...

The one time you visit the NorthWest and I'm living on the East Coast... this saddens me. But I am happy for you! I love the NW. If you do your hiking in the Columbia Gorge east of Portland, request to be taken to Punchbowl Falls. A-mazing.

karyn said...

OMG I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU!!!!! You must text me the moment you arrive and keep me posted on the Portlandy things you are doing, how much you love it, and how soon you want to move here :)

Hooray!!!!!

Pam said...

I'm excited and I don't even get to be there!! Have fun you guys!

Mrs. G