Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Just call me Tambra

Apparently I mumble, I have discovered over the years that no matter what name I use or how I say my name, the Starbucks Employees almost always get it wrong.
Today I am Tambra. No, I am pretty sure that is not a name.
Other Starbucks names of the past include, but are not limited to:
Amber
Pam
Tamber (yes, also not a name, or if it is your name...that's cool)
Tamera
Tamra
Tama
Tamar
Tammy (oh no they didn't!)
Someday I will have the guts to use a completely false name that they could not possibly misunderstand. Like Jennifer or Barbara OR even better when I was a kid I wanted to be named Felicity.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain (but only kind of because at least people pronounce my name right). I get Eren, Arin, Aaron, Eryn, Aren, Erinn, Aaren, and any other combo of a's, e's, and i's that you can think of.

Lisa said...

You should go by "Lisa"...they NEVER get it wrong. Hahaha...

Just another reason why I'm superior to you!

KatieQ said...

my cousin's name is felicity. but i think starbucks could even mess up that name. you should go by spencer or danger or something outrageous.

Anonymous said...

*warnin: this comment has nothing to do with the post that it's under.


I'm sitting here reading some blogs while work is slow. Trying to catch up, etc. However, I'm on a work computer, so trying to find said blogs is proving a bit difficult without my shortcuts. I don't have all the urls memorized and such.

Wanting to check your blog, I went to kt's blog because I thought she had a link to your blog. No dice, she has no links to any blogs. Next, I decided to give google a shot. Typing in a movie quote to try to find a personal blog seemed like a stretch, but what the hay.

3 ON THE LIST!

That's right. I typed, "I caught you a delicious bass" into google and the third result was your blog. Wow. I'm speechless, that's pretty amazing. I was expecting to have to sift through at least 8 pages worth of results full of Napoleon Dynamite websites and such, but no, 3rd.

Fantastic.

Then, about halfway through leaving you this comment I realized I could have just clicked on a comment you left for KT, or I could have just gone to my site and linked from there. However, then we wouldn't know about what prominent standing you have in the Kingdom of Google.

-Gwillim

P.S. I still love you, like...a whole bunch and stuff.