Thursday, September 11, 2008

How to scare the crap out of your Massage Therapist

Last night I had an appointment scheduled with Wendy for 6pm. I usually try to show up a couple minutes early to set up my table ect. so I arrived at her house around 5:55.
I can tell she is home because her car is in the drive and I can hear her TV in the room. Ginger the Schnoodle dog starts barking up a storm at me (I am pretty sure I am actually one of her favorite human beings even though I have to trick her to pick her up) but no Wendy. I knocked, rang the doorbell, called out, called her house and cell, waited for a while and still no Wendy. So I repeat, knocked rang the doorbell called out and even knocked on her window.
By this time ten minutes have passed and my over-imaginative brain kicks into overdrive and I start imagining that Wendy has somehow fallen and knocked herself unconscious so I call her phone again this time leaving a message that sounded something like this:
"Hi Wendy, its Tam again. You are really starting to freak me out so I just wanted to let you know I am going to break into your house now. So, sorry if you are in the bathroom or something. Ummmm, okay bye!"
Luckily her back door was unlocked so I stuck my head in her house and called out to her...No answer. "Great" I think, "She is unconscious"
I head toward her room and lo and behold there she is, and in a manner of speaking she was unconscious. If by unconscious you mean sound asleep in her bed.
I thought about letting her to sleep and just leaving a message for her saying I would reschedule but that just seemed awkward so I decided to wake her. The best part is she didn't even freak out when I woke her. She turned over and said "Oh hi, I knew I forgot something."
Thanks Wendy for being so calm when I was freaking out inside. You seriously scared the crap out of me! Haha

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I believe napping is the highest and best use of one's time. It is embarrassing to know that I scared the crap out of you, but even more so to know my flight vs fight was in the "calm acceptance" mode! So much for self-defense.

Between us, I am sure my age and general health contributed to T's fears - If I had been young, she would have known I was napping!

Tamara said...

HA! Totally not true Wendy! Did I mention I have a vivid imagination? If I can't find someone I imagine all kinds of things have happened to them.

Jennifer said...

I agree, Tam does have a vivid imagination and her thinking something was wrong has nothing to do with your age or general health! Good story!

Lisa said...

I, too, would have been freaked out. The difference between me and Tam though, is I wouldn't have assumed you were unconscious, I would have assumed you were dead. So at least Tam is more optimistic than me!

KatieQ said...

I am the same way.. I would have assumed you were dead. When people are really late showing up to things I always jump to the conclusion that they were in a car accident. Vivid imagination or just a morbid mentality - who can tell?