Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Hand-made Gifts

I don't often have a ton of money to spend on Birthday gifts for my peeps so I often resort to making gifts or if they are lucky (e-hem...Wendy...)they get a gift certificate for one of my World Famous Professional Massages. Anyway it was Carrie's Birthday on Sunday and I decided to make her a purse out of this awesome fabric I found. The best part of it in my opinion is the over-the-shoulder strappy thing is actually my Grandpa's old tie. It actually says on the tag to "wear with blue or grey suit". I love that! I hope Carrie has a blue or a grey suit to wear her new purse with...Oh, and incase you can't tell from the pic, the added little detail is a peacock:




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wendy LOVED and still loves her gift. In fact, she needs to buy more for herself.

The homemade gift is killer - I wish more people (with talent) did it. A framed picture of Katie's, earrings by Erin, and you..you are a talented child. I, on the other hand, have more money than talent. So sue me!

I thought the peacock looked more like a sea urchin, but liked it just the same.

Anonymous said...

Dude, I was just about to post a picture of my AWESOME purse. I'm soaking up the compliments, and I smile every time I look at it. You're so talented, my friend! Have you thought of starting an etsy.com shop? You should.