Friday, August 19, 2011

Typical line of questioning to all my friends.

I have a habit of asking all my friends the following questions just for fun. (If I have not asked you yet then I am sure I just haven't gotten to you!) I am always surprised at the answers and everyone's reasons why. Especially when people bring up facts or scenarios I had not previously pondered...
  1. Would you rather have superpowers (i.e. superman) or magical p0wers (i.e. Harry Potter) ?
  2. Would you rather have (your answer to question no. 1) or the ability to absorb, retain, and implement knowledge just by touching a book at will (this can be turned on or off so you can still read for pleasure)?
  3. If you had to choose a character from a book or movie to be and live their life with ALL of there ups and downs who would you choose?
well? Answers please.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Well, I've answered these questions many times over the years, so you could probably answer them for me, but alas...
1)I don't care if they are magical, or super powers, but I would very much like the ability to stop time and "unfreeze" people to continue on normally with me (like Evie from Out of This World).
2)I want to be able to stop time. Period. Although.... the movie Limitless really opened up my eyes to the power of knowledge so... nope, I still want to stop time.
3)I would be Danielle from Ever After... she had a tough life, but learned soooo much and grew soooo much through it all. And her love story is pretty stinkin' amazing too. Maybe I can start being her AFTER she meets the prince...???

Tamara said...

#3 You may not choose when you become your character. I said the ups and DOWNS so there.

Lisa said...

Fine. I'll take it.

Jennifer said...

1) Magical Powers because then I could be normal sometimes and not have to hide my superpowers from the people I love (i.e. Superman).
2) I would like to absorb, retain and implement knowledge over magic because… well you know how horrible my memory is. And since I could turn it off, I would have to retain anything that I don't want. :)
3) This one is too hard, there are too many characters that I love! But off the top of my head (and this might change with more thought), Meg from the Wrinkle in Time series. She's a normal girl (no super powers) with an amazing family and friends whom she loves and they love her. She has some crazy adventures that teach her to love herself just the way God made her and to love Him more through it all. She's totally a hero.

And I'm with Lisa, how come you never answer them?