Monday, January 17, 2011

Random thoughts on big coffee mugs

Although I am certainly not opposed to large amounts of coffee, especially when I am falling asleep at my desk, I have come to the conclusion that much like small paperclips, large coffee mugs are useless.
  1. the circumference alone makes your coffee cold in double the amount of time
  2. it takes up a lot of useful desk or table room
  3. while at breakfast with friends you unwillingly play peek-a-boo behind your cup every time you take a sip.

1 comment:

GWILLIMRYANTHOMASINO said...

So...there is a quaint little breakfast place that Girl and I have been going to frequently as of late called J&M. They have self serve Stumptown coffee, and the mugs are hanging on a pillar next to the coffee station from this iron sculpture.
Longish story shorter...they have a couple of REALLY small coffee mugs on the rack. I always try to find the smallest mug possible because I shouldn't drinking the wonderful stuff in the first place. One of the mugs I found last week probably only held 2.5 ounces! It was AWESOME! So awesome, in fact, that I had three tiny little cups of coffee with my breakfast!

Come to Portland, we have small coffee cups!